Monday, May 24, 2010

Find Friends on Etsy!

I was contacted through Etsy a while back. The message said that she liked my flowers at JustSewIt.Etsy.Com. She was getting married this summer and was wondering if I would be willing to custom make flowers to match her bridesmaid's dresses.

It also said:

"In addition to liking your work, I am asking you because Canajoharie is special to me. Growing up, my family would drive up to Canajoharie from South Florida to visit my grandparents, who lived on Front Street overlooking the Beech Nut building and the thru-way. I haven't been back since 1987. Having a bit of art from Canajoharie featured at my wedding would be a nice way to give a little shout-out to my grandparents."

How cool is that?!

First of all, I was flattered by the compliment. But then to make a meaningful connection for someone's wedding! Etsy has been such a wonderful finding for me.

Here's a sneak peak to what the flower brooches looked like with her fabric swatches. When she sends me the wedding photos I'll blog in more detail on that. I can't wait to see it come together.
 

We emailed back and forth for quite some time. I emailed her to let her know that the flowers were in the mail. I titled it "bittersweet." I can't wait for her to get them and actually see them in person, but that also meant the end of our working together. She emailed me right back telling me we'll stay in contact. 

(: Etsy Friends :)

To my surprise my new found friend then purchased one of my cloche hats. It was one of my personal favorites. I looove this color red. (Half my house is painted this color!)

Here she is in her new "honeymoon" hat!

Doesn't she look great in it?!?! I love it on her. I thought these hats would look great with long hair.

I only have my-short-hair-self as a model so I only get to see this ugly mug in my hats.

Anyway, I don't have to worry much about that, I asked her permission prior to posting her on here and she volunteered with enthusiasm. She also added this:

"My big wish is that you can have a billion-dollar hat making enterprise and that I can be your spokesmodel!"

I see a future happening here . . .  :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! The flowers are GORGEOUS!!!

    I say I need a hat for every outfit,lol!

    ReplyDelete